Thursday, November 5, 2009

Me and my family

Finally I have also decided to join the blogging bandwagon.


I work in an IT services company and currently on deputation in Geneva (Switzerland). For most of us, Switzerland is heaven as we have grown up seeing lots of bollywood movies and songs (Yash Chopra is top of the list) shot in beautiful mountains covered with Snow. But I dont share same feelings till now may be because I am away from my wife and 3 and 1/2 month old son and this opinion might change when they join me here.


Last few months have been away from my family, last time was with them in July for my son's birth. After coming back from India I am feeling really lonely and missing my wife and son. In these moments of loneliness lots of thoughts are crossing my mind and I needed a medium to express my feelings and hence this first blog.


So lets start with a brief introduction of my self.


My name is Dhananjay Singh. But my office collegues and most of my friends call me Djay. My engineering college friends refer me as Bhaiya (no prizes in guessing where I hail from ..... yes you guessed it right my native is UP). I was born and brought up in Bombay (now aamchi Mumbai)
I am a true mumbaikar and have all the characteristics which a typical mumbaikar has. I eat, sleep, drink and live cricket, Sachin Tendulkar is my GOD. I love bollywood movies with songs, dances and lots of drama and fun. I love music, singing. I love Vada Pav, Pav Bhaji and many other typical fast foods. For me the best TEA in world is cutting chai which one gets on Mumbai's tapris. Though I have been out of country for last 3 and 1/2 years and life and facilities in this country is much advanced than what we have in Mumbai or for that matter in any parts of India, for me Mumbai is the best CITY in world :-)


About my family, I am blessed with a truly amazing family.


A really fun loving dad who believes in living life to the fullest...he loves cooking and his satisfaction comes from inviting his friends and relatives home and seeing them eat food prepared by him and then reciting his own poetries or poetries of his favorite writers like Harivansh Rai Bachchan ji, Niraj Ji, Suman Ji and many others. I sometimes pity guys coming over our house because they really don't understand depth of poetries which my Dad recites and I can see them really getting bored :-) Sometimes I have to control him and it is difficult to differentiate who is Dad and who is Son. I love my Dad and really respect him the way he handles everything in life with a smile and very casual attitude. A man with a heart of gold.


About my mom, my life is completely influenced by her and there are lot of similarities between her and me be it looks, nature or behavior. She prays so many gods and has got a small temple made for all of them at home and in a week she will be on fast for at least 3 to 4 days. Her entire world revolves just around her family and praying for their well being. If she has her way then she will never allow her kids to go away from her sights...She can do anything for her kids happiness even though sometimes she does not agree with them...There used to be time in my life when I could not imagine my life staying away from her and hence never considered any jobs outside Mumbai. I still remember me going to Bangalore for the first time when I was deputed there for a project and crying every night for her for months. I still miss her just that now I have accepted the fact that I will have to stay away from her. For me she is the most amazing mother in this world and she always has supported me in life in whatever I wanted to do. Whatever I am today its because of her blessings, upbringing and support.


I have got an elder sister, she is happily married with a very caring and loving husband and a cute little Son (I call him Golu) She is a lecturer of Botany in a very reputed college in Mumbai. My mother always complains that I do not love and care for her as she does for me....But she does not realize that it is because now she has got her own family and responsibilities and I feel I should not intervene her life style and daily routines...Just want to let her know that I really care for her and wish her the best things in life.


I have got a younger brother, he is 7 years younger than me...I still remember when he was born I was in 2nd Standard and had gone to hospital to see him. When I first saw him in hospital I was so excited to know that I have a kid brother and he looked so amazing when he was small. Believe me he is the prettiest baby I have seen in my entire life and till date he is one of the best looking guys I know. His name Mrityunjay is given by me and it is name of lord Shiva... We all have always treated him like a kid and till date call him Bachchi (it means small baby in hindi)... I love bossing around with him and he never tells anything to me because I am elder than him...When we were kids, everyday I used to teach him but I used to be so harsh to him that later on some point in time he stopped coming to me for study related things :-)...we used to play cricket inside our living room and have broken so many things from TV glass to wall clock to cups and cant remember what all things....We both run riot watching cricket match on telly when India is playing and winning...
One of the things which I miss most about India is watching cricket match with my kid brother :-( I just wish him to be really successful in life and achieve what he really wants to do.


Now something about 2 most important persons in my life...first and foremost abt my wife...probably i cant describe her in words. i call her PIYA. when u think of her or see her, first thing which u feel is FEEL ALIVE!!! most uncomplicated person i have ever known. crazy abt all the good things in life. a foodie (loves tandoori chicken, mutton & rice, chicken biryani, sweets & chocolates). when my wife and dad are together at home then they must be planning to eat either mutton, chicken or fish and my mother will just be hoping that their plans do not materialize.
She is crazy abt stylish movies (i cant watch any sensitive or slow movies with her :-) ), crazy abt Akshay Kumar & Arjun Rampal. mad for her pet dogs. loves her work & is best in whatever she does. a great sense of humour & happy go lucky character. her dressing & style sense is of top draw. but most admiring thing is her love for me & family. she is the best thing to happen to me & changed me a lot as a person a positive change. bonds with everyone instantly & all simply love her. She is the one who was besides me when I was really struggling with my health and was completely down and out. She is the one who got me out from that phase of life. I owe my life to her and my parents prayers. She has given me so much positive attitude in life and shown me a different perspective to look at things. "Ich Liebe Dich" Piya...


Now to shift the focus to youngest member in my family and when i talk about focus indeed everyone in my family is just focussed on him...He is my Son, my darling my jaan....his name is Rajveer Singh (Rajveer means Hero of Nation) and his nick name is JINU...God has been so kind to us to bless us with Jinu. There is not a moment nowadays when I am not thinking abt him or missing him...I so very much wanted to be with him...but the way things panned out I have to be away from him...Hopefully soon I will be with Piya and Jinu and life will be so much fun together :-) Just seeing Jinu's snaps bring smile to my face...cant imagine how it will feel to hold him again in my hands...I see him almost everyday on webcam and he has grown in last 3 months...now he smiles and plays alot compared to his earlier crying days and his best friend is his Chachu...Not to mention how possessive my mother is about Jinu and moment he cries she will come running and hold him.... Pa misses you Jinu....


I think the brief introduction which I mentioned at the beginning of this post has turned out to be a big story...I think this should be it now....


next time would take some time out to mention about some other important people in my life other than my family...


till then bye...


'Djay

1 comment:

  1. Very good introduction bhaiya ..straight from the heart. I learnt many things about you from this even though I have known you for 13 years :)

    ReplyDelete